Thursday, July 6, 2017

Thanks CHLA!!

Got some wonderful news yesterday. Children's Hospital in LA would like to make a donation to help with our expenses in making Resilient Hearts. I was fortunate enough to meet the amazing people that make up their Palliative Care teams and participate in a workshop focused on helping them stay resilient. I think one of the toughest parts of my job is working with dying children. How can you not get personally involved? Children are so brave and they know what is happening, and through it all, they are most concerned about their families! There is such love and sadness, I understand how it can take its toll on the nursing and medical staff. I really feel the special things we do to make the child's final days special are as much for us as it it for them and their families. I want to help health care providers to let go let go of any sense of failure and focus on making a child's final journey as loving and special as possible! Thanks Children's Hospital of L A for believing in us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment